You may, or may not have noticed that I seem to have hit a writing block of sorts. Last month was great, I had made a list for the 31 Days of Halloween and posted every single day – twice even if I count my weight loss diary entries. The thing is I knew pretty much what I wanted to post and I just searched out what I needed to do it. Now of course I don’t want to just post round up style post all the time. And I would think that’s not what my readers always want to see either. The thing is, this month I just can’t seem to write anything and it’s affecting my blogging flow which had gone from zero to sixty and now feels like its back in neutral.
There’s are two things that’s bothering me enough to effect my being able to focus on writing content for my blog. One of the issues that keeps coming back to mess with my head is this; What is my niche?
Since I’ve been doing the 10K Traffic Challenge this month it’s become painfully obvious I don’t have a static answer for that question.
And the other issue, simply put, I sometimes want to network with bloggers in my own age range but I find it’s just not easy finding grandparents who are blogging, much less on these same topics. Therefore this has me questioning if my blog name is really right for me – or am I really just too old to be writing a mom blog.
It’s been my experience, thus far, that similar blogs (mom blogs) are often authored by millennial moms. But I think I’ve just about decided this is a mute issue because while my children may be grown, making us empty nesters, the fact is I’m still MOMMA. No matter my age or status (mom or grandma) my parenting and family post are relevant today for both my family and my readers.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- I turned the big 50 this year! I’m not sure I shared that little tidbit of information here on the blog because while for some it’s a milestone for me, it just makes me feel old.
- My husband and I started our family at a young age, I was just one month shy of seventeen when I had my first daughter and he had turned twenty just a few months before. It was only a few short years later, eight years to be exact that our last daughter was born. I was twenty-four and he had just turned twenty-eight. WE tried but apparently we weren’t meant to have a boy.
- I’m basically an introvert. A loner. A prisoner. My anxiety has made me retreat into my own space. After about ten years of being a mere shadow of my once self I find breaking OUT is very hard to do.
- You may know I’m a mother of five beautiful young ladies but did you know they have blessed us with eight wonderful grandchildren. Our newest grandson is only a few weeks old, making our sixth grandson. And we also have two granddaughters – it’s nice to have boys in the family again LOL.
- I do this thing I call “straddling the fence”. Basically when it comes to disagreements, serious or insignificant, I always look hard at both sides. It’s my opinion that this is a skill all parents should have and should teach their children. Because it’s way to easy to just “jump to conclusions” and then you never really know, or you may find out far to late, that you we’re on the wrong side of the issue all along.
- Sometimes I wonder if it’s an asset or a flaw, but I can be overtly blunt when I’m talking to ‘people I know well’. I’ve been told, I don’t stop to think about how others may perceive my words. Personally, I feel like if we’re friends or family I should be able to say anything to you. For example I often say to own girls, if your mother can’t tell you honestly “you messed up” or “your wrong” or whatever without you disowning me, then who can?
- I do not use vulgar language, nor do I appreciate it being used around me or my family. I find other parents who allow their children or even teenagers to talk in this manner quite offensive. I liken it to slang name calling which I also find SUPER offensive.
- I don’t care to watch the news these days because the negativity of our country has gotten to the point it’s nearly a poisonous atmosphere no matter where you live. Let’s face it driving down the highway, putting your children on the school bus, or just going out in public is dangerous these days.
- One of my pet peeves is while I’m proud to be a Texan I find many of the political attitudes here ass-backwards. For example, don’t talk about gun control or the TEX-IDIOTS come out of the woods.
- I always worry did I take enough photos of my children over these past 30 plus years, I think not. Did I remember my own health and wellness are just as important as my families, definitely not. Did I make lasting memories that will become new memories and maybe even family traditions for my girls as they continue to grow their own family. I can only hope so but of course I’ll always think I could have done better.
I honestly didn’t think I could come up with 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me but you what, I came up with more than ten but I’ll save those others for another post on a another day.
Comment below and let me know if you have an idea of what blog niche you think think “Momma Knows It All” fits into.
If you liked this article, please share it on social media!
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- What is the Real Truth of the Origins of Thanksgiving? - November 13, 2017
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me - November 9, 2017
- Does Momma Really Know It All? - November 2, 2017