It’s always easier to dwell on the negative happenings in our lives rather than focus on what makes us happy each and every day.
Ask your friends and family what makes them happy. You might be surprised by what you hear. Then ask yourself, what makes you happy…
- Answering the phone and it being one of my children (or grandchildren) calling just to say “Hi” … makes me happy.
- The smell of freshly cleaned sheets, morning coffee, or cookies baking… makes me happy.
- Hearing my husband talk silly to our cat, which never fails to get a quiet little giggle from me… makes me happy.
- Getting a package in the mail… makes me happy.
- Gathering my kid’s together for a family dinner or an evening of fun and games… makes me happy.
- Finishing a good book and hopefully finding the next one in the series already on my bookshelf… makes me happy.
- Spending time with my daughters and/or grandchildren… makes me happy.
- Feeling loved when my cat snuggles up to me, especially after a long day… makes me happy.
- Talking to my dad especially since I can’t talk to my mom anymore… makes me happy.
- Finishing even one task or project that I’ve been putting off for way too long… makes me happy.
There are so many things to be happy about but sometimes we forget.