We’ve seen them all over the years sugar in the salt-shaker, salt in the sugar bowl, someone tells us we’ve had a foot of snow overnight, and woe to the unsuspecting co-worker about to sit on a whoopee cushion at the big meeting at work. April Fools pranks are fun, and for adults just about anything goes. Keeping in mind that kids are more sensitive than adults, here are some ideas for April Fools pranks you can play on your kids.
* Have two heavy sleepers? Sneak in after they’re asleep and gently lift one child into the other child’s bed and vice versa. Be sure you’re there to see the looks on their faces as they wake up in the wrong place.
* Hand them their toothbrush all ready to go, but swap out the toothpaste for cream cheese or frosting!
* Put a piece of plastic wrap under the lid of the shampoo bottle. Your family will have no idea why a full bottle wont pour.
* For an easier prank, you could switch the breakfast cereals from one box to the other and watch the shock as Dads Grape Nuts fall into the bowl intended for Lucky Charms.
* Food coloring in the milk is an easy trick that will surprise your children as you pour.
* Along the same lines, you can make green eggs and ham for your family.
* Set the alarm clocks an hour or two early, then take everyone out to breakfast.
* Take a screenshot of the computer screen and leave it open. Your Minecraft addict will think the computer is frozen. Egads!
* Put a sticky note (April Fools!) on the bottom of the mouse. It wont work.
* Switch the language on their phone or iPad to Greek, Russian, Mandarin watch them sweat as they try to switch it back. (But you’d be amazed at how quickly they can do so.)
* Fake phone call. There are apps out there that will make it look as if a phone is receiving a call from a false caller. How would your child react to a phone call from Taylor Lautner or Taylor Swift?
* Tell your child her teacher called and said she had a behavior problem at school. Be sure to tell her April Fools before she gets too worked up.
* Make a fake dinner Surprise your family with cupcakes for dinner! Bake meatloaf in muffin tins and frost with mashed potatoes. (Be sure to add colorful food coloring to the mashed potatoes for that extra touch of realism.)
April Fools Day can be a great time to have a lot of fun with your kids. Keep in mind that you need to know your child the easily frustrated child wont like a spraying water faucet trick, and the sensitive child might be terrified to hear the teacher called. Know your child, use your gut, and remember that its about having fun.
Latest posts by Momma (see all)
- Dear Diary it’s Day Forty Eight of My Journey to Lose Weight - October 22, 2017
- DIY Halloween Candles | 31 Days of Halloween - October 22, 2017
- Dear Diary it’s Day Forty Seven of My Journey to Lose Weight - October 21, 2017