It’s day NINE of 31 Days of Halloween and today we’re talking about baking some Delicious And Easy Pumpkin Bread. If you missed day one’s post, click here.
Even as a child I always thought there was nothing better than the smell of fresh Pumpkin Bread wafting through our home. My mother highlighted this recipe in her big red cookbook and used it year after year. Everyone always loved it especially how moist it would always turn out. Mom quite often baked this bread to give away to family and friends. One of my fondest memories was handing out those foil wrapped loaves with red ribbons tied around them because everyone knew it was moms Pumpkin Bread.
Both my husband and myself love this bread and make it every year for our family using the same classic recipe below.
Easy Pumpkin Bread
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1. You’ll want to use the center of the over to bake your bread so either remove the extra racks or adjust them accordingly.
2. Heat your oven to 350ºF and grease the bottoms of 2 loaf pans with shortening. Greasing just the bottoms of the pans helps form a gently rounded top. If the sides are greased, edges of the loaf may have ridges.
3. Stir together the pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs, and all remaining ingredients then pour equally into your pans.
4. Bake loaves 50 to 60 minutes before inserting toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean your bread is done, if not bake for an additional 10 minutes and recheck with a toothpick.
5. Let your bread cool at least 10 minutes. Use a flat spatula or knife to loosen the sides from my pans, remove bread, and place on top a wire rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.
6. Wrap your loaves tightly in plastic or foil and store them at room temperature for up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days. 24 delicious servings. [Nutrition Information]
Since we are now eating Keto friendly we’ve cut out the carbohydrates from sugar and flour out of our diet. So this year we’ll be using a Keto friendly Pumpkin Bread Recipe like the one below from one of our favorite keto resources: KetoConnect. Crossing our fingers that it’ll turn out as wonderful (or close to it) as my moms Pumpkin Bread.
Keto Pumpkin Bread
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Almond Flour
3 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tbsp Erithrytol (Optional)
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Butter melted
15 Drops Liquid Stevia or 2-3 tbsp Stevia Powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients other than the walnuts in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer or using a food processor.
3. Add in 2/3 of the walnuts and lightly mix with a spatula.
4. Pour the mixture into the mini loaf pans. If you want to use a standard 8 x 4 inch loaf pan, multiply this recipe by 3 times.
5. Top with the remaining walnuts. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Note: This recipe makes 2 mini loafs (4.7 x 2.4 x 1.2 inch (x2)). Multiply this recipe by 3 for a standard 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes. [Nutrition Information]
I hope you enjoyed this 31 Days of Halloween post and I hope you come on back tomorrow for a list of my favorite Free Halloween Fonts.
Do you add butter to your Pumpkin Bread before eating it? Comment below and let me know what you thought about our Delicious And Easy Pumpkin Bread recipe.
If you liked this article, please share it on social media!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase. Thank you so much for supporting my blog in this way. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information. Photo Credit: 127071
Latest posts by Momma (see all)
- Dear Diary it’s Day Forty Two of My Journey to Lose Weight - October 16, 2017
- How to Make Texas Hot Apple Cider | 31 Days of Halloween - October 16, 2017
- Dear Diary it’s Day Forty One of My Journey to Lose Weight - October 15, 2017