Zombie makeup and fake blood: what could go wrong?
Halloween may have passed but with The Walking Dead season 7 in full swing it’s never too late to plan and host a Zombie themed party for your friends and family. Below you’ll find some fun idea’s for planning a Zombie Party including party decorations, food, and DIY zombie make-up. This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive small percentage if you make a purchase using these links.
Set the Mood With Movies
Give your guests something to look at while they mingle. Queue up one of these zombie flicks:
- Night of the Living Dead
- Dawn of the Dead
- Night of the Comet
- Shaun of the Dead
- The Walking Dead – season one.
- Z Nation – season one.
- Fear the Walking Dead – season one.
Think fake bites, cuts, bruises, and of course blood! Zombie makeup doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive, you could even use your wife’s makeup (unless she catches you).
- Any kind of dark eye shadow can create a nice looking bruise. For a more realistic bruise use combined dark shades of black, blue, and green.
- Use glue to draw cuts and gashes and toilet paper to build them up layer by layer. Let it dry, then paint it with fake blood.
Zombie Party Decorations
Decorating for a zombie party is easy and can be very inexpensive because many of the things you’ll use you probably already have at home.
- Give your tables and buffet an undead touch by covering them with bloody gauze table cloths and be sure to use a centerpiece that leaves a deadly impression. #1 Fill a ceramic flowerpot with potting soil and half bury a plastic hand to make it look as if a zombie is climbing from the grave. For an extra touch, paint the finger tips bloody red to make them look like they’ve just clawed their way out of the coffin. #2 Fill a tall jar with barbie body parts (a large pickle jar works perfectly). Add water with red food coloring to make for a very creepy centerpiece.
- For your window decor I suggest making fake boards to place across your windows to keep the Zombies out, or in this case IN. Use cardboard to make board planks large enough to fit across your windows. Use a marker or paint to draw wood details in your cardboard planks to make them look more realistic. Simply tape a safety pin on the back of your cardboard planks and pin them to your curtains. If you don’t have curtains you could simply use any kind of tape that won’t hurt your frame or wall. You can take your window decor up a notch by adding what appears to be broken glass using frosted contact paper or maybe you would prefer a bloody mess using waxed paper.
- Other various decor ideas: spider webbing (usually found with Halloween decor), warning signs (Quarantine, Beware, Keep Out, Infected), face mask (purchased at any hardware store), caution tape, or tacking heavy plastic over a doorway (cut it into flaps (strips) to make going in or out easy).
Zombie Party Food
Did your mother ever tell you not to play with your food? Well here at Momma Knows It All I’m telling you some foods are made to be played with!
- Main Dishes: Your guest will love Zombie Eyeballs (Meatballs), Bloody Fingers (Hotdogs), Evil Dead Pizza, and Bloody Burgers.
- Sweet Treats: Most everyone loves a treat and these are sure to please everyone. Rice Crispy Brain Treats, Zombie Brain Cup Cakes, and you just can not have a Zombie party without The Walking Dead Carol’s Cookies.
- Drinks: How about some Zombie Punch or if your more creative print and replace the labels on 2 ltr pop bottles with Zombie Virus pop labels or Walking Dead Pop labels. Want something with a little more kick? Imagine these Jelly Worms made with liqueur! And for an extra touch fill a bathtub with ice and drinks and add red food coloring to make it look bloody. You could hang a bloody shower curtain to frighten guests, too.
It will cost more but if you don’t want to worry about the food consider calling around to your local caterers to see if any offer a zombie party menu.
The recent influx of zombie inspired films and TV shows have inspired annual Halloween zombie walks or parades across many major cities. Check out these photos from around the country of various events to inspire you and your zombie-loving friends.
This post contains affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Latest posts by Momma (see all)
- Dear Diary it’s Day Forty Four of My Journey to Lose Weight - October 18, 2017
- Free Halloween Monster Bookmarks | 31 Days of Halloween - October 18, 2017
- Dear Diary it’s Day Forty Three of My Journey to Lose Weight - October 17, 2017