I’ve said before I don’t really care much for setting New Years resolutions. But I’ve got a good feeling about this coming year. In the past my blogging has been sporadic at best and non existent otherwise. So I’m publicly declaring, 2017 is the year Momma Knows It All makes it mark on the blogosphere!
Cheers to 2016 but I’m ready for 2017 to make it’s appearance. To start off on the right foot I’m making a list of everything I need (or wish) to implement in order to hit the ground running.
- To stay on track with my posting schedule this next year I need to hold myself accountable. I’m hoping that by getting organized, I can help myself to stay more focused on completing the task at hand. I’m going to use this blog planner by Kristin @YellowBlissRoad, it’s quite perfect for someone like me whose not really into the whole planner craze. It’s already working, I’ve already posted more in the last two months than previously all year.
- I’ve hidden under an altered persona for far too long, for fear of sounding unprofessional or amateur. It was easy since I’m a private person anyway. I’m one of those people who just doesn’t want their photo taken and won’t be seen making a vlog anytime, in this lifetime. I do not enjoy talking about myself, not now, and not even when I was younger. I’m really not sure why but I’ve just always been that way. So I know this won’t be an easy step for me but, I’m hoping to persuade myself to loosen up even if it’s just a tiny bit and make my writing a bit more personal. I’d like to see this roll over into social media, as well with fellow bloggers. I’d like to be more friendly, talk to more people, just overall do a better job of responding to comments, mentions, and messages. It couldn’t hurt, right?
- I want to work harder on my writing skills and writting better headlines. I know I’m well aware that o be more conscious of word count in my future post. I’ve noticed that at least 2 of my last 10 went over 2000 words and while occasionally that’s just going to happen, I can’t let it be the norm if I want to actually be read.
- As a list maker, I’ve written out a blog ‘to do list’ several times. But always there’s one item consistently on each list that never seems to get crossed out. It’s setting up a newsletter. I’m just having a hard time committing, I think, to just one niche. Now I know, many bloggers don’t really classify their blogs as niche blogs, but they actually are; food, travel, DIY, parenting, ect.. they are all niche topics. On my blog I write about most if not all of those topics so what niche does that make my blog? I really don’t know. I’m not completely sure its important either since most everything I do write about is relevant in someway to ‘family’. OK so I finally setup a MailChimp account and am almost ready to add the subscription forms to my blog. How awesome would it be to get my mailing list grown to 500 subscribers in the first year, 2017.
So that’s it for me. How are you planning to make 2017 your best blogging year yet?
Photo Credit: Public Domain
Latest posts by Momma (see all)
- Dear Diary it’s Day Forty Four of My Journey to Lose Weight - October 18, 2017
- Free Halloween Monster Bookmarks | 31 Days of Halloween - October 18, 2017
- Dear Diary it’s Day Forty Three of My Journey to Lose Weight - October 17, 2017