Setting a goal is not just about creating a strategy and holding yourself to it, its also about giving yourself the inspiration necessary to fuel your ambitions and aim for higher goals in your lifetime.
My Personal Goals for 2017
To be very honest, at this point in my life time I don’t really care much for choosing New Years resolutions. I think I’ve actually skipped doing so the last couple years. Maybe because it occurs to me that with so many years of having done so, many of my goals seem to have overlapped, maybe even more than once. Or it could just be I’m reminded that I’m reaching an age of maturity that just feels weird – alien even. Then again it could just be because in some way as I get older I can now look back and see I wasn’t very good at setting resolutions and keeping them.
I’m far past my 20’s and 30’s and very nearly at the end of my 40’s. I can’t help but finding that depressing, so I wonder to myself why I even bothered writing this post or setting resolutions for the new year. Then, of course, I have to answer myself. Because I’m alive and I have so many reasons to stay that way! Hopefully I can manage to keep the ticker beating several more years. I’ve got life yet to live and I hope a few more goals yet to achieve!
- Cliche maybe but having seen some success before, I’m re-starting my modified version of the popular Military Diet (which has no real link to the branches of the military). I’m not making an over-all weight loss goal just because I’ll be happy if I manage to stick to a twelve hundred calorie diet for a month. Yes, ONE month that’s my goal. I call this my modified version because while I tend to keep the calories around 1200 I do change the plan up a little bit. For example the way I do this diet plan is 3 days on followed by 1 day off, rinse and repeat. I’m not a veggie lover so I choose to eat beets (sliced and pickled in white vinegar) and green beans (drained french style with 2 oz. melted pepper jack cheese). Also since I can not stand choking down dry tuna I substitute sliced turkey for day 1 lunch. Did You Know: 3-4 Slices of Turkey Breast is only 100 calories! On day 2 I like to turn lunch into a salad so I add lettuce and dressing to my menu. On day 3 I tend to juggle the menu. I save the cheese and egg from breakfast to be eaten later with lunch and dinner. For lunch I slice my little one ounce of cheese into two thin slices. Then I use cooking spray and toast my bread to make a grilled cheese sandwich. For dinner I make tuna patties. It’s 2 cans of drained tuna with one egg, chopped onion, and 5 crunched up crackers mixed together. I form this into two patties then using cooking spray I brown the patties off in a hot skillet. Since there’s not a sauce for it sometimes I add 1-2 tablespoons of hot salsa to the mix for a nice spicy flavor. A few notes to add: If I run out of bananas I substitute 1/2 unsweetened applesauce. On the one day off I tend to eat whatever I want or might be craving but within reason.
- I’m also going to start walking every day. With the weather turning cold it’s a good thing we have a treadmill, however, it is pretty horrendous on my poor knees. I know starting off will be slow, but that’s OK because my goal is to just get some walking done everyday. I don’t want to push it like last time and end unable to walk at all for several days when one or both knees go out.
- And last but not least I would really like to replace these old floor coverings throughout my house. It may take the full year but I think it’s a reasonable goal that by this time next year we should be able to have DIY replaced all this carpeting, that’s at least 10 years old, with some laminate flooring.
There you have it, my personal 2017 New Years Resolutions. Set some personal or blog goals for yourself so that in 20 or 30 years you can look back and say I wasn’t that guy/gal who spent there life running around and not achieving anything.
TWEET IT: [tweetshareinline tweet=”Make sustainable changes, going back to old ways will just lead to old results! #PumpedFor2017Bzz #BiteSizedBzz” via=”no”]
Photo Credit: Unsplash
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- November Edition: 10 Things That Make Me Happy - January 17, 2018
- Easy Dinner Ideas: Green Chicken Enchiladas - January 17, 2018
- What is the Real Truth of the Origins of Thanksgiving? - January 17, 2018